Saturday, February 08, 2003

Tail Talk

I didn't do my taxes today after all. It's all because of the cats.

Just as I was about to bring out the three inch file of tax stuff, there was a bit of rustling in the kitchen and some unmistakeable howls of the Mr. Rusty variety, the howls of a cat about to pounce on some poor innocent prey. Sure enough there he was positioned at the sliding glass door with Miss Minnie by his side, their tails swiping back and forth like little metronomes. On the other side of the glass, up in the tree branches, about eight feet away from the window, sat our friendly neighborhood squirrel, chattering and sending tail messages back to the cats. Funny just this morning I was thinking about getting a bird feeder to amuse the cats. Now I only had to grab an old corn cob and place it on the patio. I figure it saved me about twenty bucks in cat amusement expenses. The squirrel was content, the cats were entertained.

But what does the tail talk have to do with my inability to face the taxes today? Well if I hadn't stepped out onto the patio and breathed in that refreshing crisp air and felt the invitation of warm rays of sunshine, I wouldn't have been drawn into an outside adventure. The taxes would have been finished. It better rain sometime between now and April 15th.

No comments: