Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Bowls of Stuff

Still working on that Asian Mushroom Soup I made on Sunday. Turned out to be a good thing since I ended up with an the obnoxious cold that has been circulating the area lately. Best thing is, my husband had it first. That's best cause that way he's more sympathetic!

So it's been one of those eat-everything-out-of-a-bowl weeks, so far. Soup, cereal, soup, oatmeal, soup, ice cream, soup. Every soup bowl, cereal bowl and ice cream bowl (yes one must eat out of the proper bowl) in the place is in the dishwasher being de-germed as I write.

I have this thing about bowls. Well, I have this thing about a lot of things but the bowls are on my mind right now because I almost had to go out and buy more bowls. You see, they must be exactly right for the contents.

Cereal must be eaten in what Ebay refers to as restaurant "Chili Bowls" (my sister started me on the search for the perfect cereal bowl so I blame her for this eccentricity). I have a collection, all from Ebay and estate sales, none of them match, and that is what I like. A different bowl for each day.

Soup must be consumed out of soup bowls, the ones I get a Crate and Barrel - big white cafe style bowls. These all match because they are the only perfect ones I have found so far.

Of course we know what most people eat ice cream out of but not me - it must be a dainty glass bowl, my favorite one being the one I swiped from the cats, a Fancy Feast bowl.

When I've recovered from this cold (which better be darn soon), I'll be bring out the salad bowls and popcorn bowl. For now, I'm just waiting for the dishwasher to finish so I can eat my evening ice cream before Rusty swipes his bowl back.

No comments: