Sunday, March 09, 2003

Retail Therapy Again

Retail Therapy Day

It's been a long week. I've been working hard. I deserve to treat myself. I want. I want. I want. So off I go to the shopping plaza. But wait. It's not my fault. My friend, P, called me and said "let's have lunch." Okay, I know that really means, "let's go shopping." But that's okay. We both understand.

So we met at 1:00 in front of Andronico's. We spent a mere twenty minutes gathering sustenance in the form of portabella mushroom burgers, fortification for the task of shopping. It is a task you know. All that browsing, snatching stuff off the sales rack, trying on, putting back, making decisions, rummaging through purses for the nearly demagnetized atm cards (no credit cards for me anymore - I learned the hard way about those), remembering PINS, juggling bulky shopping bags, rushing from store to store.

Had a brief stop for a caffeine and sugar booster. Just a short stop. Had to catch a couple more stores before closing. Last stop Mephisto Shoe Store so my friend could buy shoes for more comfortable shopping next trip. Mephisto clerk eyed our bags, "You ladies sure have had an agenda huh?"

P looked at me as we came out of the shoe store, "geeze I didn't think those sandals would cost over $200."

"Ha," I said as we departed, "Seems like you spent a we bit more than I. It was a good lunch though wasn't it?" I didn't hear her muttered response. It will be awhile before P calls again for lunch. At least a couple of weeks.

So let's see, what did I buy today? Well P insisted that the purse I have been carrying around for three years resembled at hobo's discard so of course I had to replace that. And I did have Macy's 20% off coupon with me that would expire today if I didn't use it. Then P had to return something at Eddie Bauer so I browsed around. I found a jacket that I just had to have and of course P found two tshirts that were must haves to go with it. And then there was that blouse on sale. Enough said. Enough retail therapy.

Time to go back to my old mantra, "Buy fun, not stuff"

No comments: