Friday, March 28, 2003

Depression

The feeling of depression doesn't want to lift this week. There's just too much going on for one week. With death, illness and dysfunction in the family sometimes things just get way too overwhelming. But it's not as though I haven't learned to live through it. Last night I treated myself to a candlelit bath, went to bed early... didn't even check into my favorite weblogs. So here I am today, still doing what I can to maintain an reasonable outside demeanor. Haven't bit anyone's nose off...yet.

Maybe what I need is a little...Friday Five

1. What was your most memorable moment from the last week?
While I want to state something joyful and positive, the most memorable moments in any given amount of time aren't necessarily of that quality. Top of my memories for this week would have to be the passing of my husbands brother in law. It's all about life on life's terms. Sometimes we must endure the sadness, then life goes on.

2. What one person touched your life this week?
Again, has to be the brother in law. He went out with dignity.

3. How have you helped someone this week?
I like to think that holding my sister's in law hand during our brief visit on that last day was of some comfort and help to her.

4. What one thing do you need to get done by this time next week?
My taxes. I owe money and I can't stand it. I need to pay up and just get it over with so I can move on.

5. What one thing will you do over the next seven days to make your world a better place?
I'll try to reach out to others, especially those in their time of need. The best way out of one's own depression is ofter being there, doing something, for someone else. So off the pity pot and into action I will go.

No comments: