Thursday, May 01, 2003

Doctor Again

Spinal Institute - first they call last Wednesday to remind me to come to my 3:30 appointment on Thursday. I remind them that my appointments is for 11:30. They tell me that is impossible because the doctor doesn't have morning appointments. I distinctly remember talking to a certain young lady there and specifically asking for the last morning appointment in case I must wait for over 2 hours like last time (which was a morning appointment). They insist I must come in at 3:30 or wait until May. I elected to wait until May and set up an appointment for 4pm today. When I go home at lunch there is a message that my appointment is moved up to 3:15. What if I didn't go home to lunch? Well, I did so of course I called them back at 2:15 to inquire about the "real" time I would see the doctor. Seems he has been delayed in surgery, there are already 3 patients ahead of me and now it would be okay to arrive at 4pm. I suggested that it seems as though I might have to wait even if I come in at 4pm since they are so backed up and asked if the doctor would see me if I came a little after 4. No guarantees. Yeah I bet! Okay, I'm going there at 4. Now if I once again wait for over 2 hours, there is going to be one heck of an ornary patient... don't get in my way if I'm late for dinner.

P.S. This is all because my insurance once again denied an MRI.

No comments: