Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Yep, I'm still here. Made it through another month. April is gone. On to May - one of my more favorite months. Favorite because it is not the end of a quarter so I don't have to do a lot of extra bookkeeping. Favorite because the weather gets better. Favorite because I usually take a vacation, actually a long weekend, usually a spur of the moment, last minute, throw my bags in the car kind of adventure each May. No plans yet, that's the way it's supposed to be. Favorite because the flowers are blooming (trying not to think about the allergies that always hit around mothers day). Favorite because next month is June and the it will be summer and the rain will go away.

Things are going good. Better.

My youngest son sold his condo. Now he can actually buy my house, not just pay rent.

Baby J has been home with his mom and dad for 2 nights now. I am finally catching up on my sleep. Husband is away for the next 2 nights. Now I can really catch up on my sleep because there will be no snoring, no 4am bottles. Just me and the cats. Speaking of which, Miss Minnie seems to think she should be a permanent fixture on my lap now that Baby J is gone. Rusty follows me around, rolling on the floor in front of my feet whenever I sit, begging for attention.

I read blogs for over an hour tonight while watching Dr Phil who happens to have a cold. Wasn't going to do that because I wanted to work on my socks. But, I got all involved in finding blogs written by real writers. I wannabe one of those...someday. What I wonder now is how do those real writers find time to blog and write books and teach writing?

So what else is new? Lightweight jacket day today, tomorrow the umbrella surfaces again. I ate a giant piece of strawberry pie today reminding me of a trip across the states my family made when I was 16 - my goal during the entire trip was to find the best strawberry pie - trouble is I didn't find any fresh strawberry pie until we got all the way to California from Michigan. Fortunate for me I now live in California so can have all the strawberry pie I want during this season. To be honest, I also polished off one of those Cadbury easter eggs today. These size 8 pants are getting tighter - why oh why did my sister give me that dozen Cadbury eggs for Easter??? I'll be going back to Weight Watchers soon... only 8 eggs left... one a day... have to weigh in on a Saturday... but not this Saturday - this Saturday I go to a tea and fill up on crumpets, scones, tea sandwiches, tarts, etc etc.

Rambling on... time for aromatherapy bubble bath and bed.

No comments: