Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Where Did These Pounds Come From?

I confess. I didn't just gamble last weekend. I ate - way too much. First it was the tea on Saturday with 3 tiers of treats. Then it was the buffet dinner bargain at the Horizon with 3 trips around. Top that off with dessert in the evening because we ate dinner to early and needed more energy to gamble. Of course we earned enough credits for a big pancake breakfast at the Horizon. Should have gone home about that time but instead went to Harveys where I won the jackpot. No sense leaving without seeing if we had food credits at Harveys - sure enough, another big dinner. Driving home we were both getting to sleepy so resolved the problem with a stop off at the Crepery where we indulged in French apple pie and ice cream.

Now perhaps this would have gone unnoticed if I had stayed in my stretch jeans for a couple more days. But no, I had to go to work and I don't wear stretch jeans to work. I wear khakis. I couldn't get them zipped up yesterday morning so reached in to the back of the closet for the one and only pair of size 10s I kept just in case. They were tight too! Since we ended up going out for pizza last night (it was a vegetarian pizza and I did have my salad served with the dressing on the side), but I managed to spill my drink on my only size 10 pants, I had to squeeze into size 8s this morning. I am suffering. Really suffering. I even wore a long, baggy shirt so I could undo the waistband button.

Time to check the scale. Where on earth did that 5 pounds come from? I didn't really eat that much did I? Could it be the new medication I started taking Friday for the back problem? I checked the internet. Sure enough one of the side effects of this particular medication is rapid weight gain. It must be the drug.

No comments: