Friday, May 30, 2003

Way too much to do

Tomorrow is the RHS picnic. For months I have been planning it. Last night a close friend of mine said, "If I had taken on that kind of responsibility, I would be a nervous wreck by now and certainly not sleeping at night." My first response was, what responsibility? All I did was put out the word that there would be this picnic for Red Hat Chapters tomorrow. Perhaps a dozen chapters will show up. Then I counted the responses and found there will be at least 120 people attending.

How prepared am I? My trunk is has enough toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper plates, garbage bags and paper table cloths host the world series.

I don't think I'll sleep well tonight. But before I go to bed for that sleepless night I must, after working 8 hours...

Pick up the RHS Molls sign
Check out the purple megaphone bat - does it need batteries? Is it loud enough?
Make more ice - find the ice chest
Put 2 purple lawn chairs and card table in car
Put Boom Box in car
Charge my camera batteries
Find the Red Hat Society theme song CD
Get batteries for the CD player
Iron my purple cloths
Pick out one of my 20 red hats to wear
Make my lunch
Check my e-mail and answer last minute questions
Do all my PT exercises at least twice
Shop for last minute items - water
Pick up mail for sick uncle
Go visit sick uncle at convalescent hospital
Mop the kitchen floor, Clean the bathroom mirrors and sink, Scrub the toilet, change the cat litter, vacuum, and make up the guest bed because my other uncle is coming to visit
Feed the cats
Fix dinner
Eat dinner
Do the dishes
Play with the cats so they will sleep tonight
Put my new "Because I said so...I am the Queen" bumper sticker on my car
Put the new registration tags on my car

Tomorrow morning I must remember to take my lunch, extra water, camera, sun block, the CD player, the sign, blankets, roster, membership cards, and whatever else I think of in the middle of the night and get to the park early in the morning (dawn?) to stake out the best half of the park for our group. Oh why didn't I reserve both halves?

There you have it, my To Do List for the next 24 hours. I won't have time to read your blogs tonight and I'll be exhausted tomorrow night.

No comments: