Monday, June 16, 2003

Unconscious Mutterings and other stuff



  1. Arbitrary:: decision
  2. Sweatshop :: clothes
  3. Cotton ball:: tail
  4. Intimate:: notes
  5. Forgotten:: territory
  6. Photography:: ham
  7. Secretary:: Mr. Stiles
  8. Stadium:: cheers
  9. Purpose:: reason
  10. Shoe box:: tax returns


And other stuff
Hot enough today to toast your toes if you dare walk on the pavement.

Not too tuned in today. Had Baby J all night last night. He was fun, slept good, but I just get too involved with him. Can't take my eyes of him, can just sit and watch him grow for hours. And then when he settles down for a nap, I carry him to the rocking chair, cuddling, sniffing the sweet baby smells, holding his downy head close to my cheek.

At noon I look at my calendar. Oops forgot my physical therapy appointment. Drat I was supposed to get a blood test this morning. Darn I have a doctors appointment at 2pm. This is ME, the one who NEVER forgets an appointment, the one who hasn't needed a calendar since I ended my income tax career. Did I tell you yesterday that I suffer from CRS?

The baby went home. I went to the doctor. Ready to settle in for an afternoon of leisurely writing. But then I remember. Uncle Mac is still in the hospital. He was perhaps going to be transferred today. He wanted me to bring his elastic waist trousers. So I go to his apartment, can't find the pants. I go to the hospital, the nurse greets me at the door and says "you must wear a mask to see him, he's contagious." Find out he won't be transferred for at least 3 more days. He insists the pants are in his closet. I must look again.

Too hot to cook. All I can think of is ice tea. Not that I want to go home and make it. Why not just go to Marie Calanders, have a salad, load up on ice tea. I'm going to regret this one. Caffeine to keep me awake so I will remember to get up for the bathroom 4 times.

So now I sit back to relax, get some writing done. I'm home alone, the luxury of "Me time". The phone rings. It's a fax. I must prepare payroll for one of my clients. Oh well, I tried to write today.

No comments: