Thursday, June 19, 2003

BlogFodder, Etc

== BlogFodder ==

11 objects in your immediate vicinity.

Oh oh - caught me at work and doing blogging.

In my office:
1 desk
2 computer
3 printer
4 in box, empty (that's why I'm blogging)
5 out box, full
6 calculator
7 CDs for backup
8 telephone
9 clock
10 chair
11 pens

Outside my window:
1 2 story building
2 parking lot
3 10 cars
4 tree
5 fence
6 apartments across street
7 hills
8 telephone pool
9 squirrel
10 green awnings next door
11 bank on corner

All this blog fodder seems to lead me to one thing - lists. Not so much creative writing as I should be doing, but it does trigger my awareness. Who knows what it will lead to.

On my Alphasmart I am working on memories. Memories that should not be written here. Memories that might be a book someday. Just because everyone says I should be doing that.

Currently reading Dive From Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer. If she can get published, I think I should be able. Not to say she's not a good writer, but to say that I think I can do that.

No big breaks for new authors on Oprah. Not a chance. Current bookclub classic choice is Steinbecks "East of Eden." I never read it. Maybe I should. A newspaper article this morning pointed out that the book could reach the best seller list even though it is 50 years old. Does anyone go to the library these days? How about garage sales, second hand bookstores? There must be thousands of copies out there already.

No comments: