Friday, June 20, 2003

Coffee

== BlogFodder == Your coffee drink.

There are six places to have coffee drinks within 2 blocks of my residence. Not just coffee, but coffee drinks. There are more coffee places than bars which seems to be the trend most everywhere these days.

I don't have a favorite because I go where the mood moves me. My only preference is to avoid Starbucks if there is any other shop open. I like to support the independent coffee shops that have been around long before the Starbuck takeover. Besides they have better ambiance and far better baked goods and I rarely have coffee without some sort of treat.

The coffee of choice is a small nonfat latte, sprinkled with cocoa. Since I absolutely hate drinking milk, it's the way I fit it into my diet. Yes, I know that coffee prevents calcium absorbency but it doesn't hurt to try.

The accompanying treat is another matter. How can anyone walk by the counter full of lemon squares, double fudge brownies, colorful fruit tarts, assorted fresh baked breads, double layered carrot cake, crumble covered coffee cake, bulging fruit pies, whipped cream covered or merinqued cream pies, six inch cookies, huge cinnamon buns, whopper sized bagels and giant muffins without having something?

Okay. That did it. I'm hungering for something sweet and extra fattening. It's almost lunch time. I will not go to the coffee shop. I will eat something good for me like a salad. I will not go to the coffee shop....

No comments: