Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Alphasmart



I finally figured it out. I won't keep up a handwritten journal. It just doesn't work for me. These days I put a notebook of lined paper in front of me and I just stare at it. For a while I was doing good. I sat down every evening with the notebook and wrote anything that came to mind. Then I got bored with it. The notebook wasn't where I was. I got too lazy to get up and get it. No, the truth is, I stopped when my husband moved in with me cause I felt like I needed to hide the notebook and it was too much trouble to dig it out.

I stopped writing my journal on my computer because I get distracted. I sign on to the internet, spend hours reading other blogs and putting an entry in here and there. But it's not the same. I'm not writing what I need to write which is a brain dump of trash. To get it out of my system.

So I think I have the solution. I got a Dana Alphasmart. It arrived at the post office on Monday. I love new toys and this one looks like it will do the trick. I'm going to write again, no excuses. The Dana is portable (only 2 pounds), holds tons of text, runs 25 hours between battery charges, and I can sync it with the computer. It has password protection so no one will need to know what I dump in there. Much better than lugging around the old laptop; I can toss it in my backpack and hardly know it's there.

But then again, I own lots of Palm Pilot software and I can load it all on the Dana. No, better not, the object is to get away from the distractions!

No comments: