Tuesday, September 09, 2003

So far today...

Annoyance of the Day: Husband waiting to do dinner dishes from yesterday at the same time I am trying to make coffee and breakfast.

My latest gadget: Sportsline Pedometer, the inexpensive kind that only counts steps because I am beyond counting miles. The goal is 10,000 steps per day. At least that's what the booklet says. The suggested program for the first week is to not change your regular routine, just count and record the number of steps each day. Saturday I spent with the red hatters, shopping, having tea, etc. Total steps 5609. Sunday I spent with an old friend, shopping, just wandering around town. Total steps 5611. Yesterday I spent the day with husband and baby. Total steps 1600. Conclusions: (1)No wonder I gain weight when I spend more time with husband. (2)Crawling on floor with baby doesn't register as steps.

Okay, enough picking on husband. He's not all that bad. Today he is doing the laundry, taking out the newspapers and garbage, and going grocery shopping.

I've been up for three hours, fixing breakfast having to walk around husband at least four times, walking to work, sitting at desk. So far I've logged 956 steps. No, I am not obsessed with this new toy...

No comments: