Sunday, September 07, 2003

Let's Talk About Your Blog

Okay, I said that I would do all me Memes on my Me Me Me blog. But then I ran across the topic of the week at The Back Porch. Actually it was the topic for August 26th but as of today it is still the current topic.

The topic: Let's Talk About Your Blog

This peaked my interest because I have been thinking lately about what I put in here and why. It seems like it has become so much like my teenage diary - all the today I did this, today I did that and then and then... This is not what my original intention was. Sure I wanted a place to keep in touch, kind of let people know what is going on in my life, or what my reactions are to life's events. I was aiming for more of an Erma Bombreck kind of style but it seems I haven't done well in maintaining any sense of humor.

Then I discoved the Memes and started to get a bit lazy. Some of my creativity went amok. I lost that ability to come up with my own topics and started to rely on what was out there for prompts and stuff.

So what would I do different, add delete, invent? Probably not a lot. Life has it's ups and downs, ins and outs. Sometimes I'm inspired, sometimes I'm not. So what? At least I have been reasonably consistent in putting a few words out here and there. In the end I'll probably not change much so if one is bored reading this, so be it. Just check back once in a while and perhaps you will hit a good day, a creative day, something that has some meaning or makes sense for the time.

The MeMes will go on the Me Me Me blog unless I have an unresistable inclination to place them here.

It's my blog (party) and I'll cry if I want to...

No comments: