Saturday, January 18, 2003

Sound Effects

I found a dangerous new toy in my AOL preferences last night. I was clicking through buttons and discovered a plethora of character icons, emoticons, wallpaper and sound effects.

I opted for a cat theme, maybe because Minnie was peacefully purring in my lap, maybe just because I tend to gravitate toward feline themes. The cat print wall paper installed, no problem. That was pretty cool. I stroked Minnie. She purred.

My shy cat icon peaked around the corner into the sidebar of my screen. Satisfied that it reflected my current mood I stroked Minnie. She purred.

A row of blue faced cat emoticons replaced the default yellow smiley faces. Another stroke down Minnies back. Another purr.

On to the sound effects. Minnie's ears twitched as I checked out meow number one. With meow number two Minnie looked at the computer in distain. By meow number five she sat up in my lap and sniffed at the monitor. With a rebellious paw she whacked at the keyboard. Out of the speakers came a loud screeching howl, Minnie leaped over the monitor and was out of my office in a flash but not before she deeply imbedded her hind claws into my thighs.

This morning Rusty is sitting in my lap as I write. Think I'll stay away from the sound effects.

No comments: