Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Me-dom

According to my recent research (staying up half the night perusing random weblogs), 99% of the weblogs are daily postings of my-whatever-whenever-however-wherever , usually dribble of inconsequential merit. It’s all about “Me,” or what I call “Me-dom.”

To assist in this daily practice of Me-dom, there are several weblogs devoted to daily or weekly prompts, teasers, challenges, lists and miscellaneous musings. I found the term “meme” in my wanderings last night and suspect it refers to weblogs devoted to “me.”

I guess the point of all this is to justify my own weblog which has become sort of a trash bin of random entries with no relevance other than they happen to float into my mind on a particular day, sometimes with a little help from The Back Porch, Melanie's Monday Memories, This-or-That, The Thursday Thumb-Twiddler, 3 for Thursday, The Friday Five, Friday Group Therapy the Weekly Wrap-up and Saturday Scruples

So why would anyone want to read this weblog, much less bookmark it? Probably for the same reasons I often stay up half the night researching other weblogs:
Human interest
Curiosity
To laugh, to cry
To share the experience of life, and death
To learn
To entertain
Because it’s there

No comments: