Friday, January 17, 2003

Afghans & Dr. Phil

I finished the baby blue afghan last night. It was my Dr. Phil project. While knitting it I learned how to look good when I feel fat, lose weight when I am fat, understand those who truly are fat, hang up my clothes, clean my closets, stop obsessing over house cleaning, act sexy and attract men (20 years too late), stop yelling and critiquing, forgive & forget, understand my runaway daughter (a little too late for this one, besides I had no daughters), allow myself some slack, allow those around me some slack, raise responsible children, dress my age, stick to a budget even if I must get rid of pets, accept my wrinkles and figure out when divorce is appropriate. The end result: a slightly imperfect afghan and a soon-to-be grandma who better buy more yarn and stay tuned in.

No comments: