Monday, April 01, 2013

APRIL Showers & Fools

APRIL SHOWERS arrived well before the strike of midnight. Not just showers, but a torrent of disturbance for most of the night. In my sleepless daze, I thought I saw specks of sunshine on my way to work this morning. I may have been dreaming.

But this is not only about the stuff that falls from the sky. This is about the old cliche, "when it rains it pours." I shouldn't have whined yesterday about all those obligations that might prevent me from completing this A to Z Challenge. I should have kept my mouth shut. Turns out there was still the slightest little bit of space left on my plate. One midmorning phone call demanded my appearance at an unexpected mandatory three hour meeting now squeezed in between work and jury duty.Well aware that today is APRIL FOOLS day, I waited for the punch line. No such luck.

And so...I am not an APRIL FOOL. Unless you count the fake spider that just five minutes ago appeared on my shoulder when I was about to click on Publish. At least I hope it was fake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my own reservations about the challenge, but writing daily is good for your craft and your conscience. Just look at it as an opportunity to breathe instead of an obligation! You'll be great! And good luck.

Unknown said...

It wouldn't be any fun if it was easy, would it? (OK, maybe it would, but I can try?)

Rinelle Grey

Unknown said...

I totally feel your pain! I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo this month as well.. Will I make it? I don't know, but I'm going to try... :D

Paula said...

I hope you keep writing for the challenge without worrying about others thinking it is boring. First and foremost I write for me!!

Grammy said...

Keep writing, my friend! You can do it! Just a few minutes in the morning or evening. We believe in you! Best regards to you. Ruby.