Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Life is Hard

I think life is really hard sometimes. It's not easy to
wake up every day and go through what you go through.
But the beautiful moments that you share with people that
you love, or even experience alone, are worth all of the
pain and sorrow. Those moments should be cherished,
and I think that's what music is all about - to remind
people of the beautiful moments that are in everybody's
life."

- Charlie Haden, Grammy Winning Jazz Artist



To focus on the good moments in the midst of crisis seems almost an impossible task to me. I have some CDs that I play when the uncomfortable events occur. It's my thinking music. For the past couple of weeks those particular CDs have resided in my car CD player as well as in my home stereo. In the car it slows me down, makes me think, gets me from here to there. At home, I light a candle or two, sometimes jump into a warm soothing bath, sometimes just crawl under the covers. That's how I cope. Sometimes it's only the faith that the good things will come again that keeps me going. Eventually they do happen.

For now I feel the feelings. To some it seems I am withdrawing from life, escaping under those covers. So call me a turtle - I seek safety within my shell. When the sun comes out, I'll emerge again, ready to bask in the warmth.

No comments: