Thursday, April 10, 2003

Happy Birthday To Me

I survived another birthday yesterday – the 54th one. My sister sent me a card with this picture of us celebrating my sweet sixteen birthday.


How about that bouffant hairdo? And that wallpaper? Then there is the blue patterned plate on the table – my sister remembers Mom collecting the complete set, one piece at a time, with each weekly grocery store trip. Interesting what she remembers and I forget.

Got myself a birthday present yesterday. Finally gave in to my hairdressers whims and got some highlights. Looks good. Hides those gray hairs that keep popping up.

Apartment smells good thanks to two bouquets flowers, one from my sister, one from my husband. Funny how they both selected a yellow and purple assortment. Baby J’s mom gave me a kitty balloon and decorated one of my red hats with purple ribbons and flowers so I’m all set for the next red hat event. We all enjoyed chocolate cake with girl scout cookie ice cream. I blew out a couple of matches in the absence of birthday candles.

There were some whooping sounds coming from the computer area last night – thought maybe my birthday numbers came in on the lottery – close but not close enough. But, earlier in the day E won a couple hundred on the daily three – paid for a dinner out at the Thai restaurant and a few other extravagances so what more can we ask for.

So another year passes and I’m into the next. Keeping in mind Auntie Irmgard’s comment that her best year was her 90th when she could still do everything she wanted to do, even drive. She died at 102, never loosing her positive attitude and outlook on life.

No comments: