Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Training

Sunday 4978
Monday 3729
Tuesday 3713

Steps, that is.

What do I think I'm doing anyway? I said once that I would never ever enter another footrace. Now my red hat group has done it... they decided we should participate in the Bay to Breakers. May 16th.

It's been 20 some years since I jogged in the Bay to Breakers. It's been at least 5 years since I last jogged. Now, we are talking walking. Back of the pack walking (not backpack walking). Over seven miles, mostly flat, except for that one hill, maybe 15,000 steps. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.

So here's my plan, I aim for 5,000 steps per day. Or maybe an average 5,000 steps per day, say 35,000 per week. I have 108 days left to train. Only 540,000 steps away.

Egadd, I'm already 2580 steps behind in only three days.

But there's another option: I've chartered a bus for our group. My husband will drop us off at the start and retrieve our sagging bodies at the end. Do you think anyone would notice if I never got off the bus?

No comments: