Thursday, January 22, 2004

Not Much Doing

I got an email today. Someone says "Not Much Doing" It's been 10 days...

Well, obviously there is too much doing. Too much babysitting. Too much work. Too much Red Hatting.

Getting ready for big Red Hat event this Saturday. Expecting 35 Red Hatters to show up for lunch at Buttercup. So what's the big deal? How can that interfere with my getting anything done? It's all about answering e-mail queries every night, editting biographical data I requested from the participants, trying to figure out what to do with biographical data, printing out three years of photos for a Red Hat scrapbook so newcomers can see what we have done, collecting checks, depositing checks, keeping in touch with banquet organizer at Buttercup, returning phone calls... etc. Why oh why don't I just delegate. Someday I'll learn to do that.

Oh, and I have a new name. It starts with a B and rhymes with itch. Yep, it's official. I have been called B*tch, directly to my face. Now I know that I have probably been called that a time or two in my life, whispered behind my back, or something. But now it's official. Right in my face. But I must consider the source and pat myself on the back for not initiating a retort... even if she did deserve it.

Okay, there you have it. Not much doing.

No comments: