Sunday, January 04, 2004

Just to catch up

New Years Eve - quiet evening at home with Baby J and Uncle Keith. In bed by 9:30.

New Years Day - Party at sisters house. Ate all colors of vegetarian foods for luck... health, wealth, etc

January 2nd - Went to see Something's Gotta Give - I loved the movie. Husband very depressed. He can't understand why Jack Nicholson looks younger than he is and is 5 years older. When we left the theatre we had to climb two flights of stairs up to our car. I asked husband if he could make it up two flights of stairs. He tripped in the middle of the first flight.... see the movie, then you will understand.

January 3rd - see previous posts. Spent day trying to figure out why my links won't work. Meanwhile, I was sitting working on all this at noon, still in my flannel pajamas, when there was a knock on the door. I figured it was my neighbor lady so answered the door. It was my client, the veterinarian. He presented a 3 pound box of See's and a bag to me. He stood there kind of embarrassed, lost for words. I tried to make some small talk, extremely self conscious about standing there with the door open in my flannel pajamas. Finally I asked him in. He says, "well open the package, I want to see if you like it." So I did. It was a red hat. Not just an ordinary red hat but one that he had made especially for me by one of his clients. It is really cool... no that's the the word... it looks cool but it's warm and wooly. I wore it the rest of the day. Then there is the story behind the hat that Gerry was trying to tell me as I stood there, arms across my chest. I heard bits and pieces. The client is a seamstress. She has a dog. The dog swallowed a bunch of pins. Gerry had to operate and pull pins out with magnets. I forgot to ask if the dog lived.

Went to the movie again. Saw House of Sand and Fog. Went with my sister. Good movie, follows the book well, felt as though I had seen it before. Meanwhile, I was sitting there in my purple jacket and new red hat. There was a middle aged lady next to me. When we left, she pulled a red hat out of her pocket. She was wearing a purple sweater. I asked her if she was a red hatter. She looked at me kind of strange. I followed her out of the theatre trying to explain what a red hatter is, that I am Queen, and perhaps she would like to join us. She walked faster. My sister practically grabbed her by the arm and said, "do you think my sister is crazy? she's not, she really is a red hat queen." The woman bolted out of the theatre and down the street. I must look pretty scary in my new red hat.

Today: Got up early. Went to church. 3rd week in a row. Really like the giant pipe organ at this church in Oakland. Beginning to like the preacher too. I see another two hours of time to set aside every week now. Maybe I can give up one of the Sunday papers.

Okay, off to entertain the husband. The sun is out.



No comments: