Sunday, October 10, 2004

Achoo

Sneezin, sniffin and coughin. That's where I've been. For a week now. But, it hasn't stopped me from workin and babysittin. Nothing seems to get in the way of that. Anyway, at last I can breathe this morning.

I did have some fun this week. Went to see Dame Edna with some red hat friends. Interesting but will never compete with the original Finnocio's.

Had some sadness this week too. Dear friend died of breast cancer after a long grueling struggle. She was a young 64.

Yesterday I take sneezin, sniffin, coughin (yes I gave it to him) Little J to Target in search of a new sleeping arrangement. We looked at the blow up sleeping bags with Scooby Doo first of all. Decided against it for two reasons... it is made for kids 3 and over and the cats would pop it within a day. We were just about to give up when I spotted Tigger sofabeds on sale. It seemed a perfect solution.

Got back to apartment, struggled from the car with Little J under one arm and the sofabed under the other. Put the sofabed down in the middle of the living room floor. Put Little J down. First thing he does is go for the phone, plops down on the sofabed and starts a intense conversation with someone's answering machine. Now I wonder where he got that from? (Hint: not me... I rarely talk on the phone).

By this time it is way past nap time so we begin the drill. I show Little J how to unfold the sofa. He bounces up and down a couple of times and folds it back up. I get his blanket and unfold the sofa. Little J tosses the blanket aside and folds up the sofa. I get his Barney doll, unfold the sofa and place Barney in bed with blanket. Little J tosses the blanket aside, folds up the sofa and sits down with Barney by his side. He's rubbing his eyes, snot is running down his nose, and he gives me the stubborn-I'm-not-going-to-take-a-nap-now look. I give in and put him on my bed. He's asleep within two minutes. I sneak out of the bedroom to find Minnie Kitty curled up in Little J's new bed. Well, at least someone knows what it's for.

Off to baby shower now.... gonna be a grandma again.... soon.


No comments: