Sunday, August 12, 2007

Scents and Sensibility

Caught in the act... no way can Wanda deny this one. She probably meant well, perhaps she was merely trying to cover up the litter box odor. A little eau de fig or cranberry would nicely do the trick. Fortunately she was discovered before she managed to blend the two thus saving one more life. Until early this morning.

After purposely putting Little J to bed late last night I had hoped for a nice Sunday morning sleep in. Then the faint mumblings of Elmo's World began around 6am. Drat, Little J didn't sleep in, I thought. Next thing I know a sleepy Little J is rustling beneath my covers. Elmo is still singing the alphabet at the other end of the house. Little J starts giggling. More Elmo welcomes. More giggles. "JJ, go back to your room and shut off that blasted Elmo thing. Wake me up when you see an 8 on the clock," I say.

"Not me. Wanda did it," Little J says. "Listen Gramma" Sure enough Elmo continues his worldly twang. Sure enough there is little Wanda zapping the alphabet keys, one by one. Too early for pictures but not too early to lose one more life. I think that leaves five.

No comments: