Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mt Wanda


In an effort to train a bit for our Alaska voyage, we did a little hiking and exploring John Muir's history today.

Little J says, "so here is where Wanda was born." We tried to explain that Wanda was actually John Muir's daughter but Little J was more intersted in exploring the giant mountain where he insisted CatWanda once lived. It wasn't quite enough incentive to make it to the top but we did get far enough to look over the bay. Not too bad considering the day was quite warm and Grandpa is still working on his fitness levels after spending a few days in the hospital.

CatWanda stayed home where the de-fleaing process was happening. Yes, once again we bombed the house and beaded drops of Advantage smack between the shoulders of 3 disgruntled cats. My ankles already look like I have chicken pox. And, on top of that, it seems that while I was hiking up Mt Wanda, I may have brought a few renegades with me in my wool socks.

No comments: