Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Winding Down and Winding Up

Miss Minnie let me know in her usual passive way that it was time to put the work away.


Today, my new Yarn Swift from The Oregon Wood Worker arrived. Oh my gosh, Peter is so quick. I just ordered it a couple of days ago. Of course I couldn't wait to try it out with my six skeins of Gossamer 100% Merino Wool Red Hat from Knitpicks and 2500 yards of Purple Shine from Joslyn's Fiber Farm.


Now where is Minnie? She's hiding under my bed cause she's scared of the whirling swift.

Me? I'm off to work on the Field of Flowers shawl which according to my calculations is now 59% done. I really need to finish it so I can figure out what to do with all my new stash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one cool swift! I went for cheap when I bought mine and now I am really regretting it. Yours looks nice and sturdy, mine is like a cheap wind-up toy. If I am not super careful, it can really create havoc.