Sunday, August 28, 2005

Too Much Knitting Causes Rejection



I have been knitting. As with most things that I start doing, I just don't know when to stop. So here's the latest beginning of the Orchid Pi Shawl in Red Hat yarn that I bought at Knitpicks. OK so it doesn't look like much right now. It won't until it's off the needles and blocked. That's part of the challenge with doing lace knitting. You just keep plugging along and trust that when it's all over, 60,000 some stitches later, it will be all you ever hoped for.

The rejection part: It's no wonder I've been rejected. If one spends all her time knitting and puts writing on the back burner, it shows. Somehow I always thought whatever I turned into StoryCircle for it's quarterly journal would be printed. Not so... my work won't be in the next issue. The good thing about that is... since my previous work was published, I must have some talent.

No comments: