Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Critic Has Spoken

I don't have writer's block. I've been writing. But I've also been deleting. It seems to be one of those times when I make the effort, I get the words down on the screen, and my inner critic kicks in, "delete. delete. delete." So here it is, the first lines only... the inner critic has spoken

Never take a two year old hiking farther than you are capable of carrying him back... are you stupid or what?

I couldn't get out of bed Sunday morning because... who cares?

The new pope zings rats?... don't go there

I went to see Guantanomo Saturday night... too sad, too political, skip this one, there's not enough Kleenex

We are having a denial party so I just had to buy that pink hat with the extra wide brim... enough with the red hat tales

That uncomfortable feeling, the same uncomfortable feeling I felt 29 years ago when I took my son to a certain local nursery school, resurfaced when I took his son there for the open house this weekend... just don't go there

My youngest son turned 30, half the age of my husband... enough whining

Remember when April used to have Secretary's Day? Now it is Office Administrator Day... get with the times lady

We have a new parking attendant in front of our local drug store... be nice to him and write the story later

If my son's wife has a baby but it's not his and they are getting a divorce, does that make me a grandma again?... whoa, this is way too complicated

I should be knitting... good idea

1 comment:

Shirl said...

what a teaser post! Great job!