Saturday, January 01, 2005

2005

Is it just me or does this happen to everyone? Ever since I reached that year where there was no question but that I am well into the 2nd half of my life, I have made this observation.... Each decade lasts about the same amount of time as each year lasted before I turned 50. It is true, right?

2005 so far: I slept the first 6 hours. Spent the next hour trying to decide if I should get out of bed or not. Got up, turned on the computer and updated all my programs thinking that at least the computer should get off to a good start. Ate breakfast (healthy portion of what SH refers to as horse food cereal, nonfat milk, banana and a huge pink Goddess mug full of black coffee). Back at the computer, I catch up on email, try to plan possible trip to Phoenix in February, make a list of all the stuff I must accomplish during January and finally end up here. It's now a little more than 9 hours into 2005. Good start? We'll see.

Resolutions: No new years resolutions. I didn't do them last year, don't think I did them the year before that and don't intend to do them this year. Why? I'm already as unperfect as I need to be and I don't need to be reminded.

Backing up to New Years Eve... SH worked. I went out and bought Sims2 figuring that I would spend evening with new friends... friends that I could control. Guess what? Sims 2 is so much more involved than the original Sims (not original sin) that I gave up after spending an hour creating one character... mz bull. Heck just wanted to see what Sims 2 would do if mz bull lived in Pleasantville. Found out I'm impossible to clone. So, ended up the evening in chat room with red hatters. Toasted through the timezones, virtually passing food without calories and drinks without booze, and headed off to bed just after the Arizonian toast.

Okay, I need to go make penguins now. Taking them to my sister's party along with Virginia peanuts and cheeseball.

No comments: