Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Knit Witt

Bought a book. Well I didn't exactly buy the book. I had a store card at Borders that SH got from charging so much on his discover card. So I spent it on

Like the Title. Now if only I had time to Stitch 'N bitch. Anyway it was an experience. The clerk was a real character. Talked a lot. Told me I should come in on Wednesday mornings cause that's when the knitters show up. Sure I'll talk to my boss about taking time off work to join that little circle. Right.

Was going to knit tonite. About half way through the 2nd chemocap. But I got sidetracked. Started to check out knitting blogs. Oh my. There are a lot of them. Couple of observations...knitters today are young. And they all seem to have cats. I even found a blog by a knitting doctor with tons of "favorite blog links". So tell me, how does a doctor have time to knit and read blogs?

Read a writing hint to help get over writers block... pay yourself to write. I remember once putting $$$ in a jar for every calorie I ate. Was supposed to be able to reward myself with some new clothes or something.... backfired.... put so much money in that jar that I had to be some new clothes allright.... bigger clothes. So, if I put $$$ in a jar for every word I write, will I end up with a big book?

1 comment:

Shirl said...

paying yourself to write . . . that is a fantastic idea!!!

Thanks, kiddo!