Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Crowns, Clubs and Computers

I made a mistake. I went to the dentist on Monday. Or maybe I should say I made a mistake and didn't go to the dentist for 2 years. Either way, the jig is up. Let's see 5 crowns at $850 each. Not to mention the pain and suffering. The dentists says, well we can take it slow. Just do one for now and we'll work it out according to the payment schedule. I ask why he doesn't just put me out and do it all at once. His response, "do you have a problem getting here?" My reply, "you don't get it, I live 3 blocks away, it's a mental thing." He gave me a rather puzzled look and told me it's not good to do all at once, something about the bite being off. So let's see, according to the payment schedule, I pay $212.50 each month and get one crown every four months. I'll be done in a mere 20 months. But then again I can get a 5% discount if I pay cash up front. Heck I'll just take him a check for $4037.50 and tell him to get it over with. But then, what if I spend all that money and then get hit by a truck or something. What a waste.

I made a second mistake. I made an appointment at the new Ladies Workout Express in town. I signed up for a three year program. But, I am not so dumb - I made them put a clause in the contract that I could opt out within 30 days for any reason. I have learned something due to my previous health club hijinks. I got a free t-shirt. The only catch is, I will now have at least new enemies since I had to leave three names and phone numbers in order to get the t-shirt.

Perhaps I made a third mistake. Computer upgrades. Never mind the details.

Three C's and I'll now be working until I'm 92. Last time I calculated, I figured I could retire at 91. Oh well. Sorry kids. No inheritance.

No comments: