Friday, December 20, 2002

Christmas Presents

Presents

When I was about six years old there was a kind of a mushy package under the Christmas tree for me from Grandma. It was wrapped up all pretty with the biggest bow ever and scotch taped all the way across the folds. I begged and begged my mom to let me open it before Christmas because I absolutely loved the things that Grandma made for me. But Mom wouldn't relent and said I would have to wait until Christmas morning.

A couple of days before Christmas I carefully pealed the tape off one edge of the package when Mom wasn't looking. Getting braver, I continued to pry until at last I had one side fully exposed. I peaked inside and found a red plaid dress that Grandma had made for me. Just then I heard Mom come in the room. I shoved the dress back into the wrapping and sat down on it just as she kneeled down to see what I was doing. She didn't have to say a word. I knew I was busted. Anyway, she never did say anything about it so I lived with the guilt for a long, long time.

A couple of days ago one of my favorite Red Hat Society friends brought me a Christmas gift. I couldn’t wait. I had to open the gift before Christmas. I knew it would be something special and I wanted to have it right now! Guess what? It is more special than I ever anticipated. I love it. And the best part of all is I refuse to feel guilty!

Happy Holidays to All.

No comments: