Friday, March 28, 2008

Feeling Nutz Is In The Family

Sometimes I feel like I'm going a bit nutz. A couple days ago I went to see Wishful Drinking. It's a one woman show where Carrie Fisher tells it like it is... all the sex, scandals and dysfunction of her movie star upbringing. There are no movie stars in my family but we do have our share of eccentric characters. So here I bare it all... this is where I get the crazy gene...


Several years ago I found an article in the SF Newspaper which described her out on her front porch in her nightgown and detailed her threats to end it all with a bottle carbolic acid. Now I find the secrets are out on the Chronicling America website.
"Starting four days after his marriage, which took place at Eureka, October 20, 1892, Albert A. Camitz, an insurance broker, with offices in the Lick building, has suffered from the jealousy and ungovernable temper of his wife, Dorothea, according to his divorce complaint filed yesterday. Since 1904, when they came to San Francisco, - Mrs. Camitz, according to her husband, would scream at him like a wildwoman, telling him to go to his "beauty" down town and marry her. Mrs. Camitz is accused of running frequently from their home at Sausalito and threatening to drown herself, but Camitz always followed and forced her to return."

No comments: