Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mud Pies


Life is full of surprises. Yesterday my line dance teacher bid farewell to our group. I am so sad but I do understand that sometimes life gets complicated and we must make tough decisions about our priorities. I'm hoping everything works out well for her and look forward to seeing her in other classes along the way.

Meanwhile, she brought me this little gift yesterday. She insists she is just cleaning out her stuff and thought of me when she found this little treasure since the author shares my first name. I read through the book last night and am thrilled to have this little remembrance. I'm thinking about dragging out my old dolls and having a little mudpie tea party. But more important, I'm thinking about the value of the wonderful friendships we experience as we get older and share a genuine appreciation for those who cross our path.
One more comment: could this be a reminder to have a little fun today... fun as defined through the eyes of a child?


1 comment:

Laume said...

This is a newer edition of a book I remember as one of my favorites as a child, many, many decades ago. I wonder where my copy is? Hmmmm. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.