Monday, March 28, 2005

Telemarketers

Another one of those days. I think it always happens on Mondays.

Telemarketer # 1: Is the boss in?
Me: no, can i help you?
T1: what is your position?
Me: Office manager
T1: oh, i am so honored

huh??????

Telemarketer # 2: is the owner of the business in?
me: no, can i help you?
T2: do you make the business decisions?
me: yes, what organization are you with?
T2: mumble mumble.... something that resembles successful business luncheons... mumble
me: we are not interested
T2: are you the one who makes decisions for thousands of dollars of business?
me: yes... we are not interested
t2: oh really?
me: yes... we are not interested
t2: not interested in making thousands?
me: no
t2: oh really?
me: yes
t2: is the boss in
me: no
t2: click

ooooooooooo.... did I throw away thousands of dollars of business

Telemarketer # 3: Charity... I gave them $$$

oh no.... I'm slipping

1 comment:

Shirl said...

sometimes we tell telemarketers that Zeke is the person they need to talk to, and he's not there.

When they call back and ask for Zeke, we tell them there is no Zeke working there.

We're bad.