Saturday, September 11, 2004

Part 1 Behaviorial Names

After my first writing class yesterday, I was going through some old stuff that I had written looking for somewhere to start on my memoire. Found this one that I wrote a couple of years ago and it seems amusing now. Funny what resides on my computer that I forget about. Anyway, it was written from a prompt to "write about behaviors".

I hate it when I open my big mouth and tell someone something I should just keep to myself. Not those things I say in meetings. That is where those kinds of things are meant to be shared. I mean the things I talk about like gossip. Gossiping about other people and then turning around and gossiping about those people to someone else. Perhaps it's not really gossiping. Gossip is more of a rumor by my definition. But then the dictionary says it is also talk of a personal, sensational or intimate nature. Name for this behavior: RUMORIST

Next, why must I always arrive exactly on time? No one else is as prompt as I am. I end up waiting, wasting time. Well, is it as waste of time. Some say it is God's gift, a few moments to use perhaps in idle daydreaming. But instead I get angry. It's like the person that keeps me waiting doesn't think my time is as valuable as theirs. Name for this behavior: HURRY-UP-ANGER

Impatience is another one. I absolutely can't stand to be in line and have some idiot in front of me counting out pennies at the grocery store, perusing the entire menu at a fast food restaurant, making multiple transactions during lunch hour at the bank, pasting stamps on envelopes one by one at the postage counter instead of moving to the side table, reading the newspapers at the racks in my way, etc etc. All these moments. Like the hurry-up-anger behavior except that it's just people being in front of me probably unaware of their imposition. Name for this behavior: DISIMPOSTIONALISM

How about the having everything perfect behavior? Everything matching, clean, in order. Not a hair out of place. Clothes pressed and matched. Socks paired and sorted by color. Dishes that match. Silverware that matches, no stray spoons or forks. Complete sets or replace the entire set. No chips, cracks or discolorations for me. Towels that match bathroom rugs. Pillowcases much match sheets and go with the bed covers. Drawers and cabinets tightly shut. Blinds even. Shoes lined up in closet (well sometimes I don't do that). Perfectionism is too mild a word for this, so is compulsiveness. How about FANATANEATISHMENT.

No comments: