Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Catching up

The last week has been a whirlwind of activity. 5 days in Dallas at the Red Hat Convention. Pictures are on PictureTrail . What a great time I had. Gonna take a few days to catch up on all this.

The trip to the airport:

Husband gets into driver's seat. I toss 2 extra large suitcases into trunk and off we go. Just through the tunnel and some lady in a light blue BMW convertible comes up along the passenger side of the car, lays on her horn and yells B*tch at me. Of course I turn to husband and ask him what he did to her.... he insisted he didn't do anything. Well, that makes sense since obviously he is not the B*tch.

So I don my red hat and tell husband to catch up with the BMW. Just had to know who that was. Get up close and blast out the horn. I look directly into her face. She gives me a sneer, once again yells "B*tch" and then gives me the finger. I don't recognize her. Never saw her before that I know of. So I'm thinking, what on earth is this all about. Did someone put a new bumper sticker on my car? Don't think so... I would have noticed when I put the suitcases in the trunk.

Hmmmmm, could be my license plate, RHSMOLL. But why would that be offensive? The license plate frame explains it, "Official member of the Red Hat Society."

So I figure I must have an enemy because I am a red hatter. What's up with that anyway? We are a fantastic fun loving group. I've never had anyone come to my events and leave in a huff or indicate any disatisfaction with our chapter. They all come ready for fun. They stay. They make new friends. And they have a wonderful time.

There are some red hatters that project a bad image. More about that some other time. Look at my pictures. Do you see anything wrong with ladies over 50 playing dressup in flamboyant purple attire with big red hats, and enjoying the party? Hey, there were plenty of men, young and old, checking us out at the convention, cheering us on. All we want to do is enjoy the 2nd half of our life... maybe catch up on a few things we missed.

More later..... maybe

No comments: