Saturday, March 20, 2004

Politics and Breakfast Cereal

Allright who did it? Who set me up? Well you got me. I opened that envelope with the questionable return address. The one that stated on the outside "Photos Do Not Bend." Aaaaaacchhh. A 9 x 12 glossy photo. There's a note on the bottom... "To: M.... thank you for your early commitment and dedication as a Charter Member of the campaign in California. Grassroots leaders like you are the key to building a winning team. Best Wishes, Laura Bush... George Bush." So far I have kept politics out of this blog. I don't do politics. But my brother does. Okay big brother, did you do this to me?????

Speaking of which today I was on the BART... me with 7 other red hatters. We were scrunched in between all the war protestors... okay enough politics. No comment.

On another note, I have this loyalty to my breakfast cereal. I find one brand, one flavor, decide I like it, and eat nothing but that cereal for breakfast for months... sometimes years. My morning choice since I joined Weight Watchers 3 years ago has been Kashi Good Friends. Last week I decided I was ready for a change. I purchased a package of Nature's Path Organic Optimum Zen Cereal, Cranberry Ginger "for inner harmony." I can do ZEN. After all I'm taking yoga lessons once a week so Zen would be good. This morning I was ready for the Zen experience. I opened the cardboard, flip tab. Reached in to open the inner plastic bag. Pulled, tugged and struggled for a good five minutes. No luck. This was not a Zen moment. Then I saw the inside flap with the little picture of Scissors cutting off the corner of a bag. I got my glasses out. "Airtight bags for freshness...cut bag." Now to find the scissors. Let's just say by the time I found the scissors it was not a Zen breakfast and my innards have not harmonized.

No comments: