Saturday, August 09, 2003

Notoriety and The Good Week

The Red Hat Society is going to be featured in the Contra Times soon! We are all pressing our purple attire and dusting our red hats for the photo shoot and are we ever excited. Stay tuned.

In spite of my bad Aries horoscope predictions this week, I have had a good week. Each morning I have been reading about being cautious, not to expect too much, careful how I deal with family, etc etc. So far I have 100% proved them to be wrong. I've had a good week. An exciting week.

Perhaps it was the breaths of mountain air at the beginning of the week. Invigorating. Then there was a good workout at the gym on Monday evening (I added an extra plate to each weight machine), followed by a Pilates mat class. Repeated the workout on Wednesday. Yes it feels good to be active. Yes the back is still cranky but it's going to be that way no matter what I do.

Had a haircut yesterday. Going for the flapper look for my October Red Hat Event. So now my bob is a bit shorted in back and I'm hoping the front will be sufficiently long by my next trim just before the event. Got the pattern for the flapper dress. Now I just need to find the perfect fabric. But not this weekend because...

Today I have Baby J. Today I need to grocery shop for Uncle Mac. Today I need to make a fruit salad for the picnic we are going to before seeing Evita at Woodminster amphitheatre tonight. Tomorrow I have an all day women's event. Tomorrow I am also going to a party at the home of my husband's boss. By tomorrow night I should be pretty well exhausted and ready for recovery on Monday and work on Tuesday.

Oh well, perhaps I'll sew next weekend. And look for fishnet stockings, a cigarette holder (and some candy cigarettes?), purple beads, and whatever else befits a flapper.

Our chapter of the red hatters is planning a Halloween party. So now I have two reasons to get the flapper outfit in the works. But then the party is on a Friday noon. I have to work on Fridays so will have to make an appearance during my lunch hour. Not so sure about wearing that Flapper garb to work... We'll see.

Oh, and I got tickets to Chicago (live) at the Golden Gate. Trouble is I tried to order the tickets online and kept getting great seats but it wouldn't complete the transaction. By the time I made my way down to the local Ticketmaster, I had to settle for row T. 16 rows back and still costs $85 a pop. There went my fun money for the entire month. On top of that, I open the newspaper and see the review for the show. Not a good review. Oh well, by the time we see it in 2 weeks they will have all the kinks worked out.

Well, Baby J is stirring. Gee that was a short nap. I ordered a couple of toys at Baby Center and they came yesterday. My husband caught me trying them all out when they arrived. I had to make sure they were safe you know. Okay, Baby J is calling, I'm off to see how he likes his new stuff. Must hurry. He has to go home by noon. : (

Well, one more thing. I just ran this through spell check. There was an error - it seems blogger thinks that "fishnet" should be replaced by "poisoned". Hmmmm.

No comments: