Saturday, December 09, 2006

Spark People


Now I know I'm crazy. Someone told me about Spark People . No, it isn't crazy to go there. It's a great website with lots of good ideas. Trouble is... this is the holiday season. Not the time of year to be thinking about diet life style changes. But, I do manage to follow the program for the first hour every day. Here's the proof. One of the suggestions at Spark People is if you don't have time to log in your food consumption, why not take a picture of everything you eat. Of course you are supposed to go back and track the food later. Not me. Not after 10am when the postman brings on the chocolate, fudge, popcorn, cheese, fruitcake, and other assorted holiday goodies. Not after 12 noon when it's time for the office Christmas luncheon. Not after 3pm when it's time to meet a best friend for coffee and... Not after 5pm when it's time to grab some fast food between work and Christmas shopping. Not after 9pm when exhaustion sets in from Christmas shopping and one must sit back in the easy chair and rest one's weary feet and that stack of goodies the postman brought earlier just happens to have landed right next to that chair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I can't remember how I got to your blog, but I too was pointed to SparkPeople by another knitblogger. It's quite useful, although it can be a bit time consuming. I recently stopped logging when I felt it was getting obsessive, but it was really useful just to make you think about what and why you're eating.