Saturday, November 06, 2004

Colors

Word count as of last night 10551! Word count today 0, zero, zip, nada... Why?

First thing this morning I had to read the paper. Well not one paper, two. On weekends I get two papers, The Times and The Chronicle. For over 40 years I have eaten breakfast balancing my cereal bowl over the news every morning. That's right, the habit started when I was a teenager.

There was a quiz in the morning's paper. What Color are Hue? So I took it. Turns out my first color is green. Hmmm, never really liked green all that much but I do like money, that's green. According to the article green means I am confident, caring, and centered in a room washed with sage, basil or apple green... don't think so. I mark my territory with collections of pottery, trinkets of vintage table clothes... no, they look more like kitty icons to me. Turns out I should use more green... it refreshes the spirit and promotes health.

Would have been a more believable quiz had my color turned out to be blue. Mom made me wear blue all the time when I was a kid. She said it was my color. Must match my eyes, even my first pair of eyeglasses was light blue. Now I find out blue people strive to feel safe in their surroundings and their dependable and truthful natures feel most at ease in rooms of gray-blue and soft turquoise. Use blue to promote calm. I could use a little of that.

BUT the 2nd color for me is PURPLE. Yeah. I knew that. Why else would I be a queen of the Red Hat Society. I live in purple... well some of the time I do. And then I find out I'm supposedly reading tarot cards and eating tofu. NOT. Gave those up years ago. People use the color to seek spirituality and enlightenment. Hmmmm, that's what's missing? Hey I kind of like the next sentiment: Dieters should use purple to suppress appetite... I should be skinny shouldn't I?

Ok enough playing with words. Got my nanowrimo bumper badge in mail today. Must go process another 1500 words.

1 comment:

Veracity said...

I saw a current affairs spot on the Red Hat Society just the other day. It looks like great fun, and very empowering.