Friday, April 12, 2013

K is for KINDLE

OK it's been a long day, it's way past my bedtime and I almost managed to hit the pillow without the daily word. A full day with a bit of overtime followed by a fun evening WII U party just about did me in. All the way home my weary mind could not come up with a suitable"K" word. Killing, too violent. Kittens, too much trouble. Kitchens, too much work. I resorted to looking into those very few pages of the dictionary between J and L and there it was. How could I have not considered KINDLE as the word? Not KINDLE as in fire; KINDLE as in E-readers which is not in that old dictionary that I own.

It's my favorite techy device, next to the iPhone. I read on it daily. Not so sure how I managed without the KINDLE. The original reluctance to giving up holding a real book in my hands has long ago vanished. No more lost places when I fall asleep with the book. No stacks of books on my nightstand. No more traveling to the bookstore. Well, I kind of miss that one. Once in a while I still head to Barnes and Nobles just to touch and feel. Last week I even bought a couple of books there for Little J. The clerk was not amused when I brought out the Amazon Mastercard to pay for them.

Oh, one little brag before I doze off. For the first time ever I won a trivia contest at the WII U party. What year and month was the first Nintendo system released? I got it right on the mark; the first time anyone ever got it right exactly (or so they said). October 1985!

.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It took me a while but once I was sold on the Kindle it was true love :D

I do love to hold a real book but all the practical stuff about Kindle is true!

auntyamo
http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com/