Monday, March 10, 2003

Strollers

I got to be Grandma today. Seven hours, just Grandma, Grandpa and Baby J. No, I am not going to make this a blog about being Grandma and babysitting. I know that gets boring somehow. But this one is pretty good:

We pick up the baby, place the new stroller in the trunk and head into town to show him off. Parked in front of my shopping friends office and pulled the stroller out. Baby is crying in the back seat. I'm fiddling with the new stroller. No way it's going to open. So, Grandpa carries the baby and I carry the stroller into see P figuring she would know all about strollers since she is a Grandma. Wrong. After two broken fingernails, she called her boss out of his office. He's a Grandpa, surely he would know. I think I heard a few unmentionable words under his breath. He threatened to call Eddie Bauer and rant. Instead he opened the office door and hollered into the busy street, "anyone out there know how to open a baby stroller?" A youngish lady came back in with him. She fooled with a couple of latches and gave up. The boss went back out into the street and nabbed the parking meter lady. By this time people were looking around to see if they were on candid camera. We assured them they weren't. Someone suggested we might have directions some place. Sure enough, there was a booklet in the diaper bag. It seems there is one tiny button on the side rail that you merely lift a latch off of and poof, you have a stroller.

Baby J enjoyed his outing, drank lots of formula, threw it up, and left Grandma with a big old drippy package in his diapers. He slept all of five minutes, twice. Returned him to his parents at 5pm, took them out to dinner, he slept the entire time.

Grandma is now ready for bed, except she must respond to...

== BlogFodder ==

Sticking to a budget -
There's absolutely no excuse for yesterdays Retail Therapy. Now I feel like I've been busted. Even BlogFodder found out about me. Too late - I already removed the tags and can't return the goods.

No comments: