Thursday, April 03, 2003

WW, etc

As soon as I saw that the Wednesday Wonder this week is about gardening, I immediately dreamed up a bunch of excuses in my head. Before I got through the first couple of sentences I was thinking, Oh no, I live in an apartment, I don't have to do this one. Not that I think the WW is a duty I must perform, just that I didn't like the idea of gardening.

Then I read further. No excuses here, there are plenty of resources for pot gardens, oops I mean pot sized gardens. We must just seek them out. So perhaps I'll give it a shot. It does look a bit barren out my kitchen windows. Even my daffodils didn't blossom this year; there are just a bunch of straggly wilted green stems out there, next to the struggling miniature rose.

Now about last weeks WW, I did find a suitable box. I did find a couple of pictures for the outside "me". Then I started thinking about the old inside and figured out I'm just not ready for the inside job right now. Something else to ponder.

Bone tired tonight. Lately I've been inundated with solicitors at work. They show up in twos just before 5:00 when I'm trying to back up and get out of there. Today it was the local phone company trying to get me to switch to their service - I switched to their service a year ago. Last week it was a certain office supply company that wants to give me an ugly vinyl briefcase if only I will purchase their current special package. The thing about this one is that she showed up at 4:55 and I politely listened to her speil and then told her sorry, we prefer our local store. The next day she returned with a trainee once again entering the office at 4:55 with a cheerful comment to her cohort, "you will like this lady, she is real nice, a good person for you to train on." So now I am an office supply solicitor trainer. I did express to them that my hourly fee is probably more than they would make in commissions in a week and therefore they should seek their experience elsewhere. I don't think they will return anyway - I'm not a nice, good person anymore.

No comments: