Thursday, May 15, 2003

Bits & Pieces

I don't have perfect blood pressure any more according to the latest news. Now I must strive to lower it below 120/80.

The Oreo cookie lawsuit has been dropped. Good. We all know those hydrogenated oils are in everything so why pick on the lowly little chocolate sandwiches. All that Orea news only induced more cravings for me. Now I see I can get Oreo mistakes too. Ummm vanilla with chocolate centers.

Speaking of chocolate, where are those kids from the inner city (not our inner city...we don't have one) that used to make frequent visits to the office with crates full of chocolates pricey enough to support their drug habits... oops I mean pricey enough to keep other kids off the streets? Why don't they come when I am desperate? I was good at lunch time today. I ate my bagel with Better Than Peanut Butter spread (half the fat of the real stuff). I skipped dessert since I have now decided I get a treat only once a day. I cleaned out my snack drawer at work last week so I can't snack for at least 8 hours a day. I thought I could wait until CSI to have my daily treat. But I have this craving. I need chocolate. NOW. I checked the bottom of my purse... there's not even one tiny crumb of a Velamint in there.

We had a visitor at the office this afternoon. Left the door open because it seems our automatic thermostat has not been reset for these warm springtime days. Shortly after noon the big, and I mean BIG, orange cat (the same one that prowls around my apartment complex) came in the door. All was good until he backed up to my bosses desk.

It's hay fever season. The gentle breezes are blowing pollen all over the neighborhood. I sneezed all the way to work this morning and all during my lunch time walk. I went to fill my prescription for allergy medication; it expired two days ago. TWO DAYS. So now I wait for the doctor to return the pharmacy's call. Okay, it's all my fault. I should have mentioned it last time I was in there. I should have been prepared. I know allergies hit me on mother's day, like clockwork.

Tonight I should go out and watch the moon eclipse. I should but I probably won't. It's my favorite TV night. Survivor is over but there is still CSI, the final episode of the season, and ER, if I can stay awake.

No comments: