Sunday, February 09, 2003

Good Sunday

Had a fantastic day today. Started out with my usual Sunday morning leisurely read of two newspapers, Miss Minnie in my lap, and a big pot of coffee by my side. What could be better?

Stopped by Barnes and Nobles and picked up a couple of books to add to my tower of unread literature. Going to start with The Lovely Bones.

Had lunch at TGIFridays. Not bad for a chain. I hadn't been there before. Since it was a nice sunny, fairly warm day, lots of people were out strolling the Farmers Market so we had plenty to watch out the window as we ate. Interesting the way some people dress. Makes one wonder if some of them ever look in the mirror. The most amusing outfit was the young lady in the short plaid mini skirt, black tights, leather jacket and fur trimmed eskimo boots. Then there was the semi-plump lady in stretch pants, a tight black sweater and high heels. And then came the lady dressed in a jungle print sweat suit, carrying a giant red plaid tote bag. Now for the men, well across the aisle from us a little girl, about 10 was looking out the other direction, giggling. I chanced a look. The guy who was selling mushrooms outside her window was mooning us. Wonder what was in those mushrooms.

Went to see Chicago. That is one great movie. Gotta buy the CD.

Made Asian Mushroom Soup that was in the USA Today newspaper mag today. It was great. Of course I overdid it a bit throwing in extra mushrooms of three varieties (I didn't buy them from the "moon" guy), a little extra of this and that. Probably didn't resemble the original recipe much but it was good. Looks like I'll be enjoying it for about three days.

No comments: